M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Ancient Arabian Owl Coin Ring
- A unique find, this ring sets a highly rare circa 2nd century BCE Arabian coin in a gold band
- The coin design features an owl with an olive spray and an inverted crescent above
- This type of coin is believed to have been minted in Saba by people known as Sabeans of South Arabia
- This beautiful ring brings this vibrant history into modern times
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Saba, also known as Sheba in the Old Testament, is in present-day Yemen. King Solomon's meeting with the Queen of. . .
Saba, also known as Sheba in the Old Testament, is in present-day Yemen. King Solomon's meeting with the Queen of Sheba around 950-930 BC is well-documented in ancient Assyrian, Greek and Roman texts, with the meeting leading to trade and cultural exchange between their nations. The Sabeans also traded with the Greeks and imitated Athenian Owl tetradrachms later. This beautiful and storied ring brings this vibrant history into modern times and allows the wearer to revel in the triumphs of ancient history. Unique, elegant and extremely rare, the ring is a piece of distinction.
Circa 2nd century BCE