M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Cased Percussion Pistols By Devisme à Paris
- Louis-François Devisme, famed armorer, created the epitome of 19th-century firearm excellence
- These pistols arrive complete in their original green velour-lined rosewood case
- Within the case are a multitude of ornate accessories, all bearing Devisme's signature
- With their rich history and quality, this pair of pistols stands as a true masterpiece of its time
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
These pistols arrive complete in their original green velour-lined rosewood case. The lid itself is adorned with brass banding and inlaid with engraved brass panels. Inside the lid is a gilt-stamp reading: "26 Boulevart Des Italiens/Devisme/Arquerbusier Brevette." Within the case, accessories are abundant, including an ebonized mallet, cleaning and loading rods, nipple wrench, bullet mold and two ebonized round boxes, all bearing Devisme's signature.
Louis-François Devisme was a true master of his craft. His apprenticeship with J-Louis Dedoudert, a famed worker of Nicolas Boutet, set the stage for his remarkable career. In 1830, Devisme took over Dedoudert's store, specializing in hunting weapons and exquisite pistol boxes. Initially established at 14 rue du Helder, Devisme later found his home at 26 Boulevard des Italiens, the address written on this very case. The dueling pistols are in exceptional condition and bear witness to Devisme's artistry and 19th-century firearm craftsmanship. With their rich history and quality, the pistols stand as true masterpieces of their time and works of art in their own right.
Signed “Devisme à Paris”
Marked with serial number 1110
Case: 3" high x 18" wide x 10 1/8" deep