M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Color-Change Alexandrite Ring, 6.21 Carats
- A rare alexandrite weighing 6.21 carats is set in this ring
- This fascinating jewel changes from a deep green to brown-pink depending on the light
- The stone is GIA certified as being completely natural and untreated
- Set in platinum and 18K gold with diamond accents
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
An entrancing stone with a noble history, alexandrites of this caliber are among the most coveted gemstones in the world. While the alexandrite’s almost magical trait of dramatically changing colors in varying light makes it extremely valuable, its history makes it all the more intriguing. The first alexandrite was discovered in Russia in 1834 on the birthday of Tsar Alexander II and was thus named in his honor. Because the stone's two colors resemble the national military colors of Russia - red and green - the tsar subsequently claimed all of the best examples of this natural chrysoberyl for the throne, making this the gemstone of royalty.
Download the certification