M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Cushion-Cut Brazilian Alexandrite Ring, 2.52 Carats
- The 2.52-carat Brazilian alexandrite in this ring possesses the rare ability to change color
- It displays a blue-green hue under white light and changes to a purplish pink in incandescent light
- The cushion-cut gemstone is certified by the AGL as natural and Brazilian in origin
- Set in platinum with diamond accents
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
While the first alexandrites were discovered in Russia in 1834, many of the finest and most notable examples of the stone hail from Brazil. The colors of the present example resemble one of the most famous alexandrites in the world – the 17.08-carat stone known as the Whitney alexandrite currently held in the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History. Like the present stone, the Whitney alexandrite changes from blue-green to an intense purple.
Download the Certification
Understanding Color Phenomena in Colored Gemstones
Prized for centuries for their rarity and revered for their rainbow of hues, colored gemstones have long rivalled diamonds as the world’s greatest natural treasures. From their color, symmetry, and surface appearance, every...Read more