M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Electroplate Table by Elkington & Co.
- This remarkable parcel-gilt electroplate table hails from renowned British firm Elkington & Co.
- Elkington & Co. invented the art and science of silver plating
- Queen Victoria granted them the honor of replicating many royal items, including this table
- This impressive work measures over three feet high, adding to its rarity and prestige
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
While many electroplated items were small housewares or objets d'art, this impressive table measures over three feet high, adding to its rarity and prestige. Repoussé nymphs and fairies dance along the table's surface, while the base is festooned with floral and foliate motifs and subtle gadroons. The combination of gold and silver plate is both elegant and technically marvelous.
Throughout the years, Elkington & Co. were granted royal warrants by Queen Victoria, Queen Alexandra, King George V, King Edward VII, Queen Mary, and King George VI, among many others. They also supplied flatware to the luxury dining sections on the Titanic, as well as other vessels of the famed White Star Line fleet.
Marked “Elkington & Co” and by designer “Morel-Ladeuil”
40 3/4" high x 28 1/4" diameter
|Maker:||Elkington & Co.|