M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Favrile Glass Scarab Necklace by Louis Comfort Tiffany
- This necklace was crafted by the legendary designer Louis Comfort Tiffany for Tiffany & Co.
- It incorporates Tiffany's signature Favrile glass in the form of scarab beetles in a gold setting
- Inspired by the glass of ancient Rome, the Favrile beetles display a luminescent coloration
- Today, Louis Comfort Tiffany's jewelry creations are highly desirable collectors’ items
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Best remembered for his stained glass windows and lamps, along with his Favrile glass creations, Louis Comfort Tiffany did not begin crafting jewelry until 1902. Inspired by the fluidity and translucence of ancient Roman and Middle Eastern glass, Louis C. Tiffany produced blown glass with opalescent and iridescent colored finishes, which he dubbed "Favrile," between 1891 and 1928. The present piece combines the best aspects of Tiffany’s diverse output, including his famed Favrile glass, a keen eye for design and the nature-inspired Art Nouveau aesthetics he perfected. The necklace comes complete with its original box.
Signed “Tiffany & Co.”
|Maker:||Tiffany & Co.|