M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
French Marble, Onyx, Enamel and Ormolu Pedestal Clock
- This beautiful French clock is an exquisite work of artistry and craftsmanship
- Featuring a clock, thermometer and barometer, no detail has been overlooked in its design
- This stunning piece is adorned with red marble, onyx, enamel and elegant ormolu
- This exquisite clock is unsurpassed in terms of beauty, elegance and uniqueness
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The glazed clock body contains three shelves crafted of red marble and lustrous green onyx, which are beautifully edged with enameling. The body’s side and front glass panels are set within arched ormolu frames. Decorating the corners of the case are free-standing columns with foliate bases and enameled shafts, encircled by gadrooned ormolu bands. The columns are topped by ormolu foliate, and shaped champlevé enamel plaques and ormolu rosettes decorate the space between the columns.
As functional as it is beautiful, the clock dial features black numerals set within a stylized frame. The dial is showcased behind a glass lens within an ormolu beaded bezel. The sides of the case feature similar dials, one of which serves as a thermometer and the other as a barometer. This exquisite clock is truly unsurpassed in terms of beauty, elegance and uniqueness.
Late 19th century
19 3/4“ square x 58 7/8“ high