M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Gone With the Wind Cut Glass Lamp Attributed to Libbey
- This monumental Gone with the Wind style American Brilliant Cut Glass lamp is exceptional
- It was almost certainly crafted by the renowned Libbey Glass Company
- The lamp is adorned with a dramatic design featuring starbursts and palm fans
- To find a cut glass creation of such elegant size and proportion is quite rare
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
During the American Brilliant Period (1878-1915), the Libbey Glass Company held a preeminent position as the foremost and most respected producer of cut glass. Right from its inception, the company's reputation was second to none in the production of premium American glass. In fact, the 1893 Chicago World's Fair showcased Libbey's excellence, where they presented a breathtaking exhibit featuring their most skilled craftsmen demonstrating the intricate art of transforming molten glass into dazzling works of art. This display earned them a worldwide reputation, and their cut glass pieces continue to be hailed as the epitome of brilliance and radiance. Distinguished collectors consider examples of Libbey cut glass to be the finest of its kind.
33 3/4" high x 11" diameter