M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Italian Marble Furietti Centaurs
- These remarkable Italian marble objets d'art are based on the Furietti Centaurs
- The Furietti Centaurs are two of the most famous classical sculptures ever found
- Finding examples of the centaurs depicted in marble is extremely rare
- They are almost certainly items from the Grand Tour
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Wildly popular when they were discovered in the 17th century, the centaurs were the subject of a number of reproductions in the decades and centuries that followed. While most examples of these figures on the market today are bronze reductions, this pair is an exceptionally rare 19th-century Italian creation crafted from outstanding white marble. They are almost certainly objects from the Grand Tour, though in another testament to their rarity, these stately centaurs are larger than typical Grand Tour souvenirs.
13 3/4" wide x 6 5/8" deep x 19 5/8" high
With base: 17 3/4" wide x 10 5/8" deep x 25 7/8" high