M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Pre-Columbian Sinu Gold Nose Piece
- This intriguing gold nose ornament is an extraordinary piece of rare Pre-Columbian jewelry.
- It was crafted by the Sinu, an Amerindian tribe from the Caribbean Coast of Colombia
- Made from hammered sheet gold, it is crafted in an elegant, sculptural design
- This item was almost certainly worn by a person of immense political power and wealth
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The Pre-Columbian Sinu lived in the river valleys and. . .
The Pre-Columbian Sinu lived in the river valleys and along the Caribbean Coast of Colombia from around 200 to 1600 AD. They were most renowned for their elaborate irrigation and waterwork systems, their exquisite gold work, and the political significance of women in their social structure. 16th-century Spaniards came to the area lured by the magnificence of the Sinu's ceremonial burial gold. Much of this gold was cast using the lost wax method, but much like this extraordinary nose ornament, gold was also hammered into plates and reliefs with refined skill and artistry.
10 1/4" length