M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Silver Fusée Singing Bird Box by Charles Bruguier
- The renowned Charles Bruguier created this rare, early Swiss fusée singing bird box
- He produced an average of only 27 of these precious boxes per year during his career
- Fusée movements are known for playing longer and clearer than any other type
- The ornate silver case is exquisitely chased and embellished with brilliant hand enameling
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Crafted of silver, the case is beautifully chased and intricately hand-painted with a vibrant enamel design. Even more remarkable than its exterior, however, is the masterpiece housed within. With just the touch of a button, the top cover opens to reveal a singing bird with colorful plumage rising from a pierced silver stage. As it chirps its enchanting song, the tiny bird moves not only its beak but also its head and wings while turning from side to side. Overall, the detailing of the craftsmanship is remarkable, from the intricately enameled pastoral scenes to the stunning iridescent hand-applied hummingbird feathers that adorn the songbird.
Singing bird boxes such as this example boast some of the most complicated movements of all automata. A painstaking and costly process was required to create just one of these elaborately ornamented treasures, and each was wonderfully unique. Bird boxes exhibiting this superior level of detail and design are extremely rare today, especially those in such excellent, working condition.
This bird box is housed in its original fitted case.
4 1/8" wide x 3" deep x 2" high