M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Tiffany & Co. Chrysanthemum Tea Set, 4 Pieces
- This Tiffany & Co. tea set features the revered firm's iconic Chrysanthemum pattern
- The four-piece set includes a coffee service, a teapot, a creamer and a sugar
- The pattern's namesake blooms festoon each piece of the set, adding delightful floral elegance
- First conceived in 1880, this pattern found particular favor with Victorian socialites and brides
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
At the beginning. . .
At the beginning of the 20th century, the rise in popularity of the afternoon tea party and coffee hour in America made formal trays such as this increasingly sought after. A set crafted by the greatest American silversmiths of the age, Tiffany & Co., would have been a significant status symbol among the upper classes, particularly one in the highly coveted pattern. First conceived in 1880 by the renowned Tiffany silversmith Charles T. Grosjean, Chrysanthemum found particular favor with Victorian socialites and new brides, and to this day it is regarded as the top pattern Tiffany & Co. ever produced. This tea set is a stunning example of the luxury silver pieces that Tiffany created in the elegant motif.
Marked "Tiffany & Co. / Makers / Sterling Silver / 25848 / 925 / Hand Chased"
Coffee pot: 9 1/2" high x 9 3/8" wide x 5 7/8" deep
Teapot: 6 1/4" high x 11" wide x 6" deep
Creamer: 3" high x 6 3/4" wide x 4 3/8" deep
Sugar: 5 1/4" high x 7 5/8" wide x 5 1/4" deep
|Maker:||Tiffany & Co.|