M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Umberto Bellotto Serpentiform Pedestal
- This unique serpentiform pedestal table is the work of renowned Italian artisan Umberto Bellotto
- The creative design twists three slithering snake-shaped wrought-iron rods together
- Bellotto invented and patented the combination of wrought-iron and glass in 1910
- He frequently collaborated with the celebrated Murano glassmakers
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The son of a Venetian blacksmith, Umberto Bellotto invented and patented the combination of wrought iron and glass in 1910. His works were greeted with much success at both the Venice Biennale and the Monza Biennale. Some of Umberto Bellotto's most famous works include the majestic gate before Dante Alighieri's tomb in Ravenna and the wrought-iron bars over the windows at the Palazzo della Banca d'Italia in Venice.
36" high by 19 3/4" wide by 19 3/4" deep