M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Bust of William Shakespeare by Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse
- This terracotta bust of William Shakespeare is the work of sculptor Albert-Ernest Carrier-Belleuse
- Carrier-Belleuse, highly regarded by Napoléon III, was acclaimed for his sculpted works
- His sculpture combined elements of unbridled realism with flourishes of Baroque and Rococo splendor
- Carrier-Belleuse was the director of Works of Art at the Sèvres factory
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Carrier-Belleuse was acclaimed for masterfully executing sculpture in bronze, terracotta, marble and porcelain. He served as the Director of the Works of Art at the. . .
Carrier-Belleuse was acclaimed for masterfully executing sculpture in bronze, terracotta, marble and porcelain. He served as the Director of the Works of Art at the Sèvres factory, and his assistant Auguste Rodin would himself go on to become a noted sculptor. He was one of the founding members of the Société Nationale des Beaux-Arts and was made an officer of the Legion of Honour. Carrier-Belleuse received numerous prestigious awards throughout his lifetime, and he is regarded among the greatest sculptors of the 19th century.
Signed "A. Carrier-Belleuse Paris" (inside collar)
21" high x 14" wide x 10" deep
|Carrier-Belleuse, Albart Ernest