M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Chameleon Diamond Ring, 1.29 Carats
- An incredibly rare 1.29-carat chameleon diamond is the star of this exquisite ring
- The diamond temporarily changes from grayish green yellow to when heated or placed in the dark
- Chameleon diamonds are the rarest and most sought after of the fancy colored diamonds
- Set in 18K yellow gold with pink pavé diamonds
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
. . .
This stone exhibits thermochromism and photochromism, meaning its color changes due to both temperature and light conditions. Scientifically, there is no certain cause for this phenomenon, but it is believed to be due, in part, to the reaction between the diamond's hydrogen and isolated nitrogen atoms interacting when "excited" by increased temperatures and changes in UV light rays. This fascinating process cannot be duplicated, and there exists no known treatment to cause the chameleon effect in other stones.
This 1.29-carat chameleon diamond is certified by the Gemological Institute of America to be a natural fancy grayish-green chameleon diamond with an internally flawless clarity grade. It is set in 18K yellow gold amongst 0.80 carat of pink pavé diamonds.
Download the Certification