M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
French Annular Dial Mantel Clock
- This rare French annular dial mantel clock features a unique pendulum movement
- The exquisite ormolu work was crafted by Maison Marnyhac of Paris
- The clock's strike and Brocot escapement are contained within the royal blue enamel urn
- In terms of rarity, size, craftsmanship and materials, this clock has it all
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Annular dial clocks first appeared in France during the last half of the 18th century, at the height of Rococo fashion, and reappeared during the reign of Napoleon III. Their decorative quality and opulence proved to be enormously appealing to France's wealthy patrons, when fashion mirrored the tastes of French courtly society. The value of an annular clock depends on rarity, size, craftsmanship and materials, aspects in which this particular clock excels.