M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Japanese Lacquer Tray
- This Meiji-period lacquer tray represents the mastery of Japanese craftsmen
- Precious materials are precisely inlaid in the lacquer base, creating a highly illusionistic effect
- It features a cart and a mountain executed in mother-of-pearl and gold
- The creation of a lacquer tray such as this would have been an incredibly time-consuming process
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The creation of a lacquer tray such as this would have been. . .
The creation of a lacquer tray such as this would have been an incredibly time-consuming process; the art form is considered among the most labor intensive in the world and requires an exceptional level of finesse. Intricately detailed lacquer trays such as this reveal the mastery of their maker.
The tray comes set in its original box.
Late 19th century
2 5/8" high x 21 1/4" wide x 15 3/8" deep