M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Polyphon Autochange Disk Music Box
- This rare Polyphon autochange disk player allows for the selection of six disks at a time
- Selections made via a handle on the front of the machine corresponds to a disk slot
- Once the selection is made, insert a penny into the slot to play the song
- Very few of these innovative music players were ever made, making this example desirable
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Standing over seven feet tall, this particular model features a magnificent walnut case with handsome burl panels on its original, matching storage cabinet. A true technical marvel for its day, Polyphon’s automatic disk changer symbolizes pure ingenuity and superlative craftsmanship. This antique player is accompanied by 12– 22-inch disks, with more available for purchase in any musical genre.
Similar Polyphon autochange disk players are pictured in both the First and Second editions of The Music Box Handbook, by Graham Webb.
35" wide x 21 3/4" deep x 85" high