M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Regency Mahogany Cellarette
- This elegant wine cellarette is a fine example of Regency period furnishings
- The sarcophagus form vessel is crafted of mahogany with wonderful carved accents
- Ebonized accents, original brass fittings and carved lion paw feet complete the cellarette's design
- The original lead liner is made to fit six bottles of wine
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The wine cellarette was considered an essential piece of dining room. . .
The wine cellarette was considered an essential piece of dining room furniture and was used primarily between the mid-18th to mid-19th centuries. These fixtures were often displayed beneath a sideboard or side table where dining guests could easily view the evening’s selections. Both stylish and functional, cellarettes allowed the host to serve a wide variety of wine and spirits directly from the comfort of the dining room. They also served as a cooler, keeping particular vintages chilled if necessary.
27 1/2" wide x 19 1/2" deep x 19 1/2" high