M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Rococo Revival Étagère
- This stunning étagère exhibits the exuberant style of the Rococo Revival
- Classically-inspired elements such as a mask and acanthus leaves comprise the lush design
- Executed in brass, the étagère boasts lavish serpentine lines encasing multiple mirrors
- Étagères, meant to display small decorative objects, were popular Victorian furnishings
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Étagères, meant to display one’s collection of small decorative objects, became popular furnishings in the 19th century. They were especially suited to the well-appointed Victorian household where a large collection of knick-knacks was considered highly fashionable.
Late 19th century
47 3/4" wide x 18" deep x 84 1/4" high