M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Royal Copenhagen Flora Danica Crustacean Plate
- This impressive porcelain plate by Royal Copenhagen features the firm's famed Flora Danica motif
- It is part of a rare subset of the pattern that captures crustaceans native to Denmark
- The Cancer pagurus, or brown crab, is hand-painted at the center
- Masterfully executed, this plate embodies the skill and artistry of Royal Copenhagen creations
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Once the porcelain supplier to the Queen of Denmark, Royal Copenhagen is known throughout the world for their quality craftsmanship and creative innovation. Founded in 1775 under the authority of Queen Juliane Marie, the first pieces ever produced were complex dining services for the Danish Royal Family. In 1790, Royal Copenhagen unveiled their Flora Danica pattern, now considered one of the most important and celebrated porcelain motifs ever created.
Features "Royal Copenhagen" marks and Latin name on the underside
10 1/4” diameter x 1 1/2" high