M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Swiss Gold Musical Snuff Box
- Musical snuff boxes such as this one were called carillons à musique
- It is chased and engraved with elaborate swirls of ornate foliage
- The taking of snuff was a highly regarded social ritual among the European elite
- 19th century gold music boxes were highly desired objects of status.
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Ingenious. . .
Ingenious miniature portable devices, musical snuff boxes such as this one were called carillons à musique. Highly desired objects of status and crafted primarily in Switzerland, they influenced the development and popularity of all music box production in the 19th century.
3 1/4" wide x 2" deep x 7/8" high