M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Three Train Clock by Smith & Sons
- This skeleton clock from Smith & Son is an extraordinary example of 19th-century British clockmaking
- This timepiece operates with a rare three-train mechanism
- The clock displays elaborate design elements including stunning fret and pierced work
- At a time of mass production, Smith & Sons were dedicated to preserving horological excellence
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
One of the most sought-after and elusive of all skeleton clocks, this timepiece operates with a rare three-train mechanism. Showcasing a dynamic Gothic Revival architectural style and finished to an incredibly high standard, the clock displays elaborate design elements including stunning fret and pierced work.
Skeleton clocks are defined by their lack of an external case, revealing the intricacy and beauty of their complex internal workings. This timepiece’s mechanics are on full display, allowing one to marvel at the technical craftsmanship of the three-train movement. At a time when many clockmakers were primarily making affordable clocks using mass production, Smith & Sons were dedicated to preserving the art of horological excellence. This clock is exemplary of the firm's finest works.
22" high x 16" wide x 9" deep