M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Wedgwood Dark Blue Jasper Fumigators
- Timeless and elegant, this pair of fumigator jars is crafted of Wedgwood's jasper ware
- The striking deep blue hue contrasts with the classical figures rendered in relief
- Each vessel is marked on the underside for famed perfumery Piesse and Lubins
- Jasperware is one of Wedgwood's crowning achievements
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Each vessel is marked on the underside for famed perfumery Piesse and Lubins. Fumigating jars such as these. . .
Each vessel is marked on the underside for famed perfumery Piesse and Lubins. Fumigating jars such as these would be used to diffuse pleasant scents throughout one’s 19th-century home.
Jasperware is one of Wedgwood's crowning achievements and is highly acclaimed for revolutionizing ceramic art. Crafted with an unglazed matte "biscuit" finish, jasperware techniques were introduced to the public in 1775. After perfecting his jasperware technique, Wedgwood opted to adorn its surfaces with stark-white reliefs, giving pieces what we know today as the “Wedgwood look,” characterized by neoclassical scenes and motifs in a cameo silhouette.
Marked "Piesse and Lubins / Fumigating Ribbon"
4 1/4" high x 3 1/5" diameter