Under the direction of Philip Rundell (1746-1827), Rundell, Bridge and Rundell was the most prestigious and influential goldsmithing firm in 19th-century England. However, it was his partner John Bridge (1755-1834), through an association with his cousin John Fammer, that the firm caught the attention of England’s King George III. The king was so impressed with Bridge’s work, that in 1789, George III named Rundell, Bridge and Rundell “Jewelers and Goldsmiths to the King”, holding that warrant under the reigns of George III, George IV, William IV and Queen Victoria. The firm prospered, fulfilling commissions from the Prince of Wales, the Duke of York and other members of the Royal Family throughout its existence.
CANVASES, CARATS AND CURIOSITIES
WANT MORE BLOGS AND ARTICLES LIKE THIS?
Sign up below to be the first to know about new acquisitions, exhibits, blogs and more.