M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Cartier Home Front Spinel Brooch, 6.35 Carat
- A vivid red Burmese spinel centers this retro Cartier Home Front brooch
- The design was intended to promote war efforts during WWII
- The central jewel is certified by the AGL and accompanied by a coveted appendix letter
- Set in 14K yellow gold with diamond accents
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Associated with the organization Friends of Soldiers & Sailors, Cartier's innovative Home Front brooches were designed during World War II to promote patriotism and assist in the war effort. The Home Front design is discussed comprehensively in Penny Proddow and Debra Healy's 1987 publication American Jewelry: Glamour and Tradition, on pages 138-139.
Marked "HYA 226" and "US PATENT 2199222"
1 1/2" diameter
Penny Proddow and Debra Healy, American Jewelry: Glamour and Tradition. New York: Rizzoli, 1987, pp. 138-139.