M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Egyptian Empire Bedroom Suite
- This seven-piece bedroom suite was almost certainly owned by 19th century Egyptian royalty
- It was a special commission executed by the premier Parisian ébéniste, Antoine Krieger
- The set comprises a queen bed, secrétaire à abattant, cheval mirror, cabinet, vanity and nightstands
- Each Empire-styled piece is crafted of mahogany and the most exceptional gilded bronze
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Each piece is phenomenal and was crafted with extraordinary expertise. Most notable are the superior bronze mounts. Inspired by the style created to glorify Emperor Napoleon, the decorative Empire elements radiate royalty, power and elegance. Bronze legs of winged creatures support the vanity and nightstand while the secretary and cabinet rest on large bronze paw feet. Urns, swags and a variety of mythological creatures are all cast and gilded to the finest degree.
Antoine Krieger took his inspiration for this set from the furnishings of Malmaison, one of Napoleon and Josephine's Parisian palaces. A similar bedroom suite was acquired by circus magnate John Ringling to adorn his bedroom at Ca d'Zan, now part of the John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota, Florida.
Bed: 65" wide x 86" long x 62 1/2" high:
Cabinet: 62" wide x 23 1/2" deep x 41 1/2" high:
Cheval mirror: 72" wide x 20 1/2" deep x 80" high:
Secrétaire à abattant: 46" wide x 20" deep x 60" high:
Vanity: 54" wide x 27" deep x 66" high:
Nightstands: 19 1/4" square x 34 1/2" high