M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
English Mahogany Expanding Table
- This impressive English mahogany extension dining table is based on a design by Robert Jupe
- The mechanism operates using a removable hand crank, easily increasing the size of the table
- Eight leaves are included to transform this table from seating for 8 to seating for 10
- Known as "patent furniture," such designs are highly coveted
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Such designs, known as "patent furniture," are some of the most fascinating pieces of furniture in the world. Tables such as this illustrate perfectly the Regency era's quest to combine technical innovation with superb and beautiful craftsmanship. These pieces are among the most desirable of all antique furnishings, representing the limitless imagination and skill of the cabinetmaker.
65 3/4" diameter x 30" high
With leaves: 120" diameter