M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Louis XV Mother-of-Pearl Snuffbox
- This incredible 18th-century French gold snuff box features lustrous mother-of-pearl
- The ornamented box would have once held a gentleman's tobacco
- The taking of snuff was a highly regarded social ritual among the European elite
- The objet d'art is further distinguished by prestigious provenance
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The luxurious snuff box was once owned by Lord Weinstock, an influential industrialist and businessman among the 20th-century British elite, and his wife Lady Weinstock.
Marked Paris, with charge and recharge of Louis Robin (1738-1744)
Sale of S.J. Phillips, London, 30 June 1972.
Collection of Lord and Lady Weinstock