M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Pair of Meissen Porcelain Sconces
- These exquisite and rare porcelain sconces were crafted by the legendary Meissen
- Blanketed in a multitude of floral bouquets, they embody the splendor of the Rococo style
- Meissen porcelain has been coveted by royalty since the firm was founded in 1710
- The sconces' elegant motif and remarkable quality are hallmarks of Meissen artistry
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Royalty and the elite families of Europe. . .
Royalty and the elite families of Europe have coveted Meissen porcelain since this legendary manufactory began production in 1710. By the middle of the 19th century, elaborate pieces such as these sconces had found an audience among royals and aristocrats around the world. Considering the delicate nature of porcelain, to find two such beautifully crafted pieces in such wonderful condition is exceptionally rare. Converted to electricity.
16" wide x 7" deep x 16 1/2" high