M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Palais-Royal Mother-of-Pearl Perfume Box and Flasks
- This mother-of-pearl inlay perfume box hails from the famed Palais-Royal in France
- Since the reign of Louis XIV, the Palais-Royal has been an illustrious part of Parisian life
- The box and matching flasks feature hand-painted Orientalist scenes
- Meticulously crafted, this regal box would have delighted luxury perfume connoisseurs
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Since the reign of Louis XIV, the Palais-Royal has been an illustrious and integral part of Parisian life. Under the rule of Louis Philippe II, the lavish palace transformed into Europe's paramount marketplace. The premier establishment flourished with the personal workshops of the world's finest artisans, cafés, hair salons, bookshops and museums. Enchanting royalty, courtiers and Europe's most affluent patrons, people flocked to obtain the most luxurious goods available in the world. Items from the Palais-Royal continue to epitomize the height of luxury and are highly prized by collectors today.
5 1/3“ high x 7 3/4” wide x 7 3/4“ deep