M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Paul Flato Gold and Enamel Compacts
- One of the most creative jewelers of the 20th century, Paul Flato, created these gold compacts
- Each is decorated in a whimsical trompe-l'œil letter motif with engraved addresses and enamel stamps
- Varying in size and shape, two of the custom boxes are cosmetics compacts, and one hides a watch
- Crafted of 14K yellow gold
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
One of the most creative American jewelers of the 20th century, Paul Flato’s creations reflect his charismatic and stylish personality. Born in Flatonia, Texas to a cattle ranching family, Flato moved to New York in the 1920s. By the 1930s he had opened two jewelry shops, one in Los Angeles and one in New York City. He soon attracted the attention of the A-listers of the "Golden Age" of Hollywood, and his clients included Joan Crawford, Ginger Rogers and Marlene Dietrich.
All crafted of 14K yellow gold and signed “Flato.”
Watch compact: 1 5/8" wide x 1 1/8" deep
Long compact: 4 5/8" wide x 1 1/8" deep
Large compact: 2 7/8" wide x 2 3/8" deep