M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Tulio Lombardo Style Marble Fountain
- This marble fountain sculpture in the style of Tulio Lombardo embodies the glory of the Renaissance
- A bearded man's face serves as the focal point of the fountain
- Public fountains such as these are a timeless symbol of Italy's rich culture
- Tulio Lombardo was an esteemed Italian Renaissance sculptor
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Born in Venice around 1455, Tulio Lombardo was an esteemed Italian Renaissance sculptor. Renowned for his innovative approach to classical forms, he imbued his creations with a distinct Venetian sensibility. Lombardo's sculptures exhibit a remarkable blend of grace, proportion and meticulous attention to detail, aligning his Renaissance ideals. A master of marble sculpture, the artist erected the famed funerary monument of Doge Andrea Vendramin in the Basilica di San Giovanni e Paolo in 1493. Through his contributions, Tullio Lombardo enriched the Venetian artistic tradition and the Renaissance more broadly, leaving an enduring legacy.
30 3/4" high x 13" wide x 8 1/2" deep