M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
William-Adolphe Bouguereau Cut Glass Pitcher
- This exquisite engraved and cut glass pitcher bears artwork from William-Adolphe Bouguereau
- Very few cut glass artisans could reproduce the designs of the great fine artists who preceded them
- The neoclassical nymphs and winged putti are drawn from Bouguereau's Le Guêpier
- This cut-glass pitcher offers a unique and rare medium to honor his exceptional artistry
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The elegant hand-engraved pitcher, adorned with exquisitely cut-glass handles, showcases a delightful frosted glass design of neoclassical nymphs and winged putti taken from Bouguereau’s masterpiece Le Guêpier (The Wasp's Nest), painted in 1892. The glass artisan added a bounty of lush foliage to frame the scene, while the pitcher's scalloped lip and cut-glass base contribute to its captivating visual appeal.
William-Adolphe Bouguereau, the undisputed master of Academic art, strictly adhered to traditional artistic standards in his color harmonies, composition, drawing and expression. His work epitomizes the ideals of French Academic painting like few others, earning him numerous accolades, medals from the Salon and Exposition Universelles, and recognition as a leading member of the Institute of France and President of the Society of Painters, Sculptors, and Engravers. His influence was so profound that the Salon of the Third Republic became informally known as "Le Salon Bouguereau." This cut-glass pitcher, replicating one of his highly acclaimed paintings, offers a unique and rare medium to honor his exceptional artistry.
12“ high x 6” diameter
|Style:||American Brilliant Cut Glass|