M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
18th-Century Mahogany Irish Games Table
- This rare Irish games table beautifully illustrates the very best of Irish craftsmanship
- The Cuban mahogany console table opens to reveal a green baize playing surface
- A gem of the Georgian style, the table boasts a simple, yet elegant design
- Such remarkable, high quality Irish furniture is extremely rare and desirable
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The extreme socio-economic polarity that existed in Ireland for centuries resulted in a large population of poor and a small percentage of elite, with virtually no known middle class. This class structure was reflected in the furniture created during this time. While most did not have access to quality pieces, the privileged class commissioned furnishings, such as this remarkable table, that were unmatched in quality, crafted of the finest materials and exhibited an extraordinary level of artistry. Since few could afford such exceptional furnishings, not many were ever created, making this table an exceptional find.
Closed: 36 1/4" wide x 18 1/2" deep x 29 1/8" high
Open: 36" deep