M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
19th-Century French Secrétaire by Durand
- Superior craftsmanship and intricate marquetry characterize this table by Durand
- The elegant, yet practical design is embellished by ormolu mounts in the Louis XV-style
- Durand is celebrated as one of the most popular French ébénistes of the 19th century
- Signed pieces by Durand in such exceptional condition as this secrétaire are rare finds
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Celebrated as one of the greatest ébénistes of luxury furniture at the turn of the century, Durand was a master at creating original designs inspired by the Louis XV and Rococo styles. He established the firm of Maison Durand in 1870, and he soon thereafter received international recognition when the Maison triumphed at the 1889 Paris Exposition Universelle. Today, high-quality, signed examples such as this are becoming increasingly scarce finds.
Stamped "G. Durand"
46 1/8" high x 24" wide x 11" deep