M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Baccarat Crystal Chandelier, 24-Light
- This rare and magnificent Baccarat chandelier boasts monumental size and opulent design
- This exquisite light features oversized drops and luminous prisms of fine Baccarat crystal
- The 24 lights of this fixture are supported by scrolling branches cast in doré bronze
- In its original condition, this is an incredible example of superior 19th-century lighting
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The French House of Baccarat has been internationally recognized for its magnificent glass creations for over 200 years. During the mid-19th century, their chandeliers and tableware were favored greatly by European royalty, including Louis XVIII, Charles X, Louis Phillipe, Emperor Napoleon III, Czar Nicholas II, and numerous sultans and maharajahs throughout the Middle East. The royal courts of India, in particular, provided Baccarat with some of their most astonishing commissions for such items as thrones, tombs and chandeliers, as in this phenomenal example. In fact, a chandelier created for the Maharajah of Gwalior, was so ornate and massive that it brought down with it the roof of his palace! Baccarat is still regarded as the finest glass maker in Europe and is known as both the Crystal of Kings and the King of Crystal.
37" diameter x 45" high