M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Chameleon Diamond Necklace, 4.41 Carats
- An incredibly rare 4.41-carat chameleon diamond is the star of this exquisite necklace
- The diamond changes from grayish yellowish green to yellow when heated or placed in the dark
- Chameleon diamonds are the rarest and most sought after of the fancy colored diamonds
- This example is GIA-certified as a natural fancy grayish yellowish green chameleon
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Classified as a "classic" chameleon. . .
Classified as a "classic" chameleon diamond, this stone exhibits thermochromism and photochromism, meaning its color changes due to both temperature and light conditions. Scientifically, there is no certain cause for this phenomenon, but it is believed to be due, in part, to the reaction between the diamond's hydrogen and isolated nitrogen atoms interacting when "excited" by increased temperatures and changes in UV light rays. This fascinating process cannot be duplicated, and there exists no known treatment to cause the chameleon effect in other stones. A true natural wonder, this diamond is one of the few of this size and quality found on the market.
This 4.41-carat chameleon diamond is certified by the Gemological Institute of America to be a natural fancy grayish yellowish green chameleon diamond with a VS2 clarity grade. It is set in 18K yellow gold amongst 0.24 carat of pink diamonds.
Download the GIA Certification