M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Chameleon Diamond Ring, 1.73 Carats
- Elegant and entrancing, this exquisite ring features a coveted chameleon diamond at the center
- The 1.73-carat diamond is certified by the GIA as displaying a fancy grayish-yellowish green color
- When gently heated or left in darkness, however, the stone transforms to a golden hue
- Flanked by two GIA-certified very light pink diamonds totaling 1.10 carats. Set in 18K rose gold.
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Fancy colored diamonds have captured the fascination of the jewelry industry for their beauty, rarity and unique hues. While all fancy colored diamonds are distinguished for their colorful splendor and radiance, chameleon diamonds are the only natural colored diamonds with the ability to change color. A captivating mystery, there is no certain scientific reason for this phenomenon, but it is believed to be due, in part, to the reaction between the diamond's hydrogen and isolated nitrogen atoms interacting when "excited" by increased temperatures and changes in UV light rays. This fascinating process cannot be duplicated, and there exists no known treatment to cause the chameleon effect in other stones.
Download the Certification