M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Chinese Export Silver Tea and Coffee Service
- This complete Chinese export silver tea and coffee service was made by Yu Chang
- Based in Shanghai and Hong Kong, the firm is known for its unique and high quality creations
- This service comprises a kettle and stand, tea pot, coffee pot, sugar, creamer, waste bowl and tray
- Such wonderfully crafted and complete export services are incredibly rare
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Chinese export silver was incredibly popular amongst visiting Western tourists between the 18th and early 20th centuries. These charming pieces featured typical Chinese motifs that were popular amongst Western consumers, including floral patterns, dragons and koi fish. All Chinese silver from this period was exquisitely handcrafted, with its elaborate designs hammered out by master Chinese craftsmen. Largely unidentified until the mid-1970s, a great deal of Chinese silver has since been acquired by museums, making this exquisite tea service a highly desirable rarity on the market.
Marked "Yuchang Sterling"
Late 19th / Early 20th Century
Tray: 34 3/4" wide x 19 3/4” deep
Kettle: 16” high on stand
|Type:||Tea & Coffee Pots/Services|