M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
German Mother of Pearl Snuff Box
- Inlays of multi-colored mother-of-pearl cover each side of this breathtaking German snuff box
- Finely engraved yellow gold mountings frame each panel
- Snuff boxes that featured exotic and precious materials from around the world were highly desired
- This small treasure is a masterful example of the luxury arts of the era
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The taking of snuff was a highly. . .
The taking of snuff was a highly regarded social ritual among the European elite. Snuff box manufacturers were regarded as artists, creating and designing these elegant little boxes using fine metals, gems and other luxurious materials. They were among a gentleman’s most expensive and elegant personal effects, and soon became collector’s items. Wealthy and fashionable men would have a fair number of them and often offered them as gifts.
3 1/8" wide x 1 7/8" deep x 1 3/4" high