M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Graduated Ethiopian Opal Necklace, 436.00 Carats
- Thirty-three monumental Ethiopian opal beads comprise this mesmerizing necklace
- Totaling approximately 436.00 carats, the rare gems display an exceptional play of color
- Ethiopian opals displaying this extraordinary size and quality are almost never found
- The opals are separated by emeralds totaling 28.00 carats and black onyx roundels
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The mining of Ethiopian opals only began relatively recently in the 1990s. In this region, the stones are generally found beneath a 3-meter layer of welded volcanic ash. Though plentiful, most opals found are quite dull; only about 1% of these nodules contain any color at all, let alone the striking rainbow of hues that these beads exhibit.
The gems are set with emerald beads totaling approximately 28.00 carats and black onyx roundels.