M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Louis XVI Style Gilt Marble Vases
- The bodies of this pair of Louis XVI-style cassolettes are formed from specimens of white marble
- Doré bronze mounts in the Louis XVI style perfectly contrast with the bright hues of the hardstone
- Cassolettes are small covered vases meant to hold perfumed substances or incense
- Popular during the 18th - 19th centuries, these objets d'art were crafted from all kinds of material
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
This type of paired vases are often known as cassolettes. The term "cassolette" is from the French word cassole, meaning "small container." While the word has other meanings in culinary respects, in the decorative arts, cassolettes are small covered vases meant to hold perfumed substances or incense. Popular during the 18th and 19th centuries, these objets d'art were crafted from all manner of materials, including marble, porcelain and bronze.
18" high x 7 1/2" diameter