M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Meissen Porcelain Revelry Groups
- These charming Meissen figures are modeled to represent a celebration of Revelry
- This Meissen set was originally modeled by the celebrated Johann Joachim Kaendler
- Figures by Kaendler were among the most popular and recognizable created by Meissen
- To find a matching pair in such excellent condition is truly exceptional
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Figures by Kändler were especially popular and served as table. . .
Figures by Kändler were especially popular and served as table decorations at courtly banquets. He took the reigns of the Meissen factory in 1733 and over the following 40 years created more than 900 models, many of which were considered the most important and beautiful ever produced. Many of his designs were so timeless and classic that they continued to be used well into the 19th century. Kändler was highly regarded especially for his allegorical representations and he was certainly at his best when designing the Four Continents. These spectacular figures are a perfect example of the superior wares he produced at Meissen.
Feature blue crossed swords mark
10 1/4” high