M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Micromosaic Plaque of the Roman Forum
- This impressive micromosaic shows a panoramic view of the Roman Forum
- The expansive scene was intricately crafted from perfectly placed pieces of stone and glass
- Two diminutive travelers relax among the ruins
- It was almost certainly created as a souvenir from a wealthy traveler on their Grand Tour
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The Roman Forum is regarded as one of the most important remaining ancient sites in the world. Yet, it was not until the early 19th century that the process of clearing the Forum after centuries of neglect began in earnest. Soon thereafter, the Forum quickly became a must-see destination for wealthy travelers on their Grand Tour, and this micromosaic captures two of these visitors relaxing among the ruins. In fact, the plaque itself was almost certainly created as a souvenir from a Grand Tour enjoyed by a well-to-do traveler; it is a beautiful reminder of the grandeur of ancient Rome.
2 1/4" high x 3 3/8" wide x 1/8" deep