M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Pietre Dure of The Morning Bath
- The hardstones recreate the composition of a painting by Benjamin Vautier entitled The Morning Bath
- Each hardstone piece was carefully chosen to perfectly match the color and details of the painting
- Marble and stone pietre dure works such as this are very rare and highly collectible
- The scene is emblematic of the charming genre scenes favored by Italian pietre dure artisans
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The art of pietre dure developed from the ancient art of opus sectile, where materials were cut and inlaid into walls and floors to form a decorative pattern. The meticulous technique requires that fine marble specimens and stones be carefully and artfully inlaid into a stone base. The method was both expensive and time-consuming, requiring not only precious materials but also highly skilled craftsmen. As a result, true marble and stone pietre dure works such as this are very rare and highly collectible.
Plaque: 11 5/8" high by 15 5/8" wide
Frame: 20 1/4" high by 24" wide by 2 1/8" deep
|Type:||Other Fine Art|