M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Queen Anne Walnut Secretary
- This important Queen Anne-period walnut secretary demonstrates exceptional quality and artistry
- The interior features a multitude of drawers and compartments for storing valuables
- Double bonnet mirrored doors, bun feet and a secret compartment are most desirable features
- It is quite extraordinary to find Queen Anne-period furniture in such excellent condition
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The secretary bookcase, or secretaire, was an innovative piece of writing furniture introduced in the early 18th century. For the wealthiest households, it proved to be the preferred piece of writing furniture. As the demand for these versatile furnishings grew, so did the level of craftsmanship and overall beauty. Secretaries like this treasure soon became the focal point of the manor, serving as statements of culture and education.
36 1/2" wide x 24" deep x 79" high