M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Color Change Russian Alexandrite Ring, 1.31 Carats
- A mesmerizing 1.31-carat color-changing alexandrite is set in this ring
- This rare gemstone changes color from blue-green to red in different lights
- Color-changing alexandrites are among the rarest and most desirable gemstones in the world
- Set in platinum with diamond accents
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Apart from its remarkable color-changing abilities, the alexandrite also enjoys an illustrious history. According to legend, it was discovered in 1834 on the day that the future Russian Tsar Alexander II came of age, and thus it was named "Alexandrite" in his honor. Because the stone's color shifts from green to red — the national colors of Imperial Russia — the alexandrite also became the country’s official gemstone.
Download the Certifications
Understanding Color Phenomena in Colored Gemstones
Prized for centuries for their rarity and revered for their rainbow of hues, colored gemstones have long rivalled diamonds as the world’s greatest natural treasures. From their color, symmetry, and surface appearance, every...Read more