M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Elkington & Co. Silverplate Charger by Morel-Ladeuil
- This important antique silverplate charger was crafted by the famed Elkington & Co.
- The exceptional piece is based on a sculpture by French artist Morel Ladeuil
- The neoclassical repoussé form displays an intimate scene of a lady dressing
- It is a tour-de-force of silver plate artistry
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
Elkington & Co. patented the first commercial electroplating process and held Royal Warrants for Queen Victoria, King Edward VI, King George V, King Edward VIII and King George VI. French-born master goldsmith and sculptor, Leonard Morel-Ladeuil (1820 - 1888), went to work for Elkington in 1859 and worked there for a total of 23 years. This monumental charger is arguably the finest result of this highly successful collaboration.
Marked “Elkington 90”
|Maker:||Elkington & Co.|