M.S. Rau is committed to offering fine art of the highest caliber and we seek paintings and sculpture by historically renowned artists, often with impressive provenance. The large majority of our works of art come from private. . .
Ancient Roman Carved Emerald Brooch
- An ancient Roman emerald carved with the features of a man's face is set in this 19th-century brooch
- The museum-quality stone is displayed in an impeccably crafted silver and silver gilt setting
- Emeralds, diamonds and rubies complement the carved emerald
- A single Baroque pearl dangles from the center, completing the design
- Get complete item description here
To speak to one of our experts, call 1-888-711-8084
The museum-quality, Roman-period stone is displayed in an impeccably crafted Victorian-era silver and silver gilt setting. Emeralds, diamonds and rubies complement the carved emerald, while a single Baroque pearl dangles from the center. Even the reverse features carvings that mimic the motif of the front, including the details of a man's face at the center.
2 1/2" wide x 3 1/2" high